Tuition covers all costs except the application/re-enrollment fee, uniforms, general supplies, and extracurricular activities. Grammar School tuition includes all “day” field trips. Dialectic & Rhetoric School field trips are billed separately from tuition. Tuition is collected in order to fulfill the majority of expenses incurred in the school’s operational budget, including mortgage payments. Tuition assistance is available for families based upon demonstrated financial need. (see below)
Application Fee (non-refundable)
All new applications must be accompanied by a $100 application fee per student. (Application Instructions)
Tuition and Fees
All tuition and fees are due in advance, payable on or before June 5. Tuition payments are payable by bank draft only and will be drafted on the 5th of each month. All lump sum tuition payments should be sent to Caldwell’s mailing address on or before June 5th: 2900 Horse Pen Creek Road, Greensboro, NC 27410. A $35.00 fee is assessed for all tuition drafts rejected for non-sufficient funds. Any family facing an unexpected financial emergency should contact the Business Manager. Caldwell Academy wants to be sensitive to hardship and surprises that interrupt timely tuition payments.
Tuition Payment Options for 2015~2016 Academic Year
There is a $500 non-refundable tuition deposit per enrollment contract due at contract signing.
|Option A: Full Tuition Payment Plan (11 payments by bank draft only) June 5, 2015 through May 5, 2016 – No monthly tuition is assessed during the month that contract deposits for the following academic year are due.|
|Grade||Total Tuition||Contract Deposit||Due||Monthly Payment|
|Option B: Lump Sum Discounted Payment (Pay in full by 6/5/2015)|
|Grade||Total Tuition||Contract Deposit||Discount for Lump Sum Payment||Lump Sum Due June 5th|
|Contract Release: The cost is 3.0% of the net annual tuition. The one time payment is due on or before June 5th, 2015. This provides for a refund of 75% of unused tuition due at the time of student withdrawal for any reason provided the student has attended 10 school days.|
|Grade||Cost for Full Tuition||Cost for Lump Sum Discounted Tuition|
Caldwell Academy operates on an annual budget based on tuition revenues. However, Caldwell recognizes that there may be families who would like to attend Caldwell but are financially unable. Therefore, each year Caldwell allocates a specific and limited amount of funds designated to assist qualifying families. Caldwell uses ISM (Independent School Management), an independent, outside source to assist in determining need. The general process for applying for financial aid is outlined below.
- Parents must fill out an application for financial aid on-line.
- For further assistance see this Parent User Guide.
- Parents submit the application form to ISM/FAST (Independent School Management) along with the previous year’s tax return. The deadline for submission of the FFNA application will coincide each year with the deadline date for re-registration of currently enrolled students. There is a non-refundable processing fee.
- The Business Manager of Caldwell Academy will determine financial aid based on the amount recommended by ISM/FAST, divided proportionately to individual families, up to the amount of money reserved for aid that school year. Families will be informed of tuition assistance amounts along with enrollment contract distribution.
- The deadline for the 2015-2016 school year is February 20, 2015. Caldwell’s school code is 1760. Taxes should be submitted as soon as possible but we understand that most people do not have their taxes completed by Feb. 19th. Any tuition assistance awards are contingent upon taxes being submitted to ISM after the initial application. After February 20th, please contact Bill Bishop (235-4252).
- Parents must complete the school application process prior to applying for tuition assistance.
- Once the application is complete, taxes must be sent to this address: Independent School Management, Attn: Fast Processing 1316 N Union St. Wilmington, DE 19806